Friday, September 12, 2014

What's your Mona Lisa?


Every artist has an art piece they consider to be their "Mona Lisa."  This is my Mona Lisa.  I drew it back in 2011 when my wife and I lived in a room. It was hard to make ends meet since the Orlando job market hit rock bottom.  It was around 3 AM and I couldn't sleep.  I took out all my art supplies, set up my work station near the bed, and starting drawing.  I poured my heart out on the paper.

Yes, there's a lot of things I'd do differently.  I would've added more details around the bed and make her hair darker with my the experience I have today, but then it wouldn't have described what I was feeling that night.  I drew her face carefully and made sure every line was a perfect silhouette.   What's your Mona Lisa?

No comments:

Post a Comment